Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

brightness

hi. my MacBook keeps on adjusting its brightness automatically. I already disabled the automatic adjustment for brightness. however, it keeps on doing it. I'm freaking out. can anybody help me why is this happening?? how can I fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 10:09 AM

Automatically adjust brightness
1. If your Mac has an ambient light sensor, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Displays .
2. Select “Automatically adjust brightness.”
3. If you don’t see the “Automatically adjust brightness” checkbox, you can manually adjust the brightness.

Manually adjust brightness
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Displays .
2. Drag the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness of your display.
3. Depending on the type of display connected to your Mac, you may also see a Contrast slider that you can use to adjust the display’s contrast.

Change your Mac display’s brightness - Apple Support (CA)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 10:09 AM in response to _katrina

Automatically adjust brightness
1. If your Mac has an ambient light sensor, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Displays .
2. Select “Automatically adjust brightness.”
3. If you don’t see the “Automatically adjust brightness” checkbox, you can manually adjust the brightness.

Manually adjust brightness
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Displays .
2. Drag the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness of your display.
3. Depending on the type of display connected to your Mac, you may also see a Contrast slider that you can use to adjust the display’s contrast.

Change your Mac display’s brightness - Apple Support (CA)

brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.