📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 12 say I am offline

My iPhone 12 keeps saying I am ‘offline’ when I am away from home. Can’t use Spotify or Facebook or other services

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 11:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 3:42 AM

It appears that you lose the internet connection when you are not connected to a Wi-Fi Network. Your cellular service appears to be an issue.

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Contact your carrier and ensure that you have an active cellular service on your iPhone.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2022 3:42 AM in response to jaycee1311

It appears that you lose the internet connection when you are not connected to a Wi-Fi Network. Your cellular service appears to be an issue.

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Contact your carrier and ensure that you have an active cellular service on your iPhone.

Axel F.

Why does my iPhone 12 say I am offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.