Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot log in to icloud from a second (older type) device

I cannot login to my icloud account in a maverick device. The message is either that my password is incorrect (when I tested that it is correct !) or that I should enter a verification code, that I do receive in my others trusted devices, but there is no prompt to put this code in the devise at hand. Thank you for your help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 7:28 AM

Hello nikolaos249,

We believe you may be experiencing the following behavior...

"If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in."

This information, and more about using two-factor authentication, can be found here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 7:28 AM in response to nikolaos249

Hello nikolaos249,

We believe you may be experiencing the following behavior...

"If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in."

This information, and more about using two-factor authentication, can be found here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Regards.

Jun 13, 2022 10:03 AM in response to Drew_7

Thank you very much for your very helpful suggestion! This worked immediately! I would have never guessed.

In case other users encounter the same problem, I quote below the relevant excerpts from the 2-factor identification instructions you sent me:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code

from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Get sent a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication – Apple Support (UK)

cannot log in to icloud from a second (older type) device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.