Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete errant Weight data in Apple Health?

I update my weight in Apple Health every Sunday. Today I opened Apple Health and discovered something had already added a weight for today about 45 min ago. This weight is about 40 pounds over where I am. The only explanation I can think of was that I was doing some "housecleaning" disconnecting some apps (Withings, MySugr, Heartline, MyFitnessPal etc.). I no longer wanted connected to Apple Health and one of them appears to have left a "gift in the punch bowl" on the way out.

Back in the day, there was an option to edit data in the Apple Health. Today it looks like I can only add data.

Anyway I can determine the source of that datapoint? Any way to delete that entry? Right now I am suspecting MyFitnessPal as it recently (as in the last 2-3 days and it is now listed as a "known bug" on their web site) started having problems reading exercise calories from Apple Health.

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 9:52 AM

Salutations gageparker, 

Try this. Find a Weight in the Health app and tap on it, then scroll down and tap on Show All Data. Do you then have the Edit option at the top right? If so, tap on it. You may be able to delete the entry. 

Here’s more on managing Health data - Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

Thanks. 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 9:52 AM in response to gageparker

Salutations gageparker, 

Try this. Find a Weight in the Health app and tap on it, then scroll down and tap on Show All Data. Do you then have the Edit option at the top right? If so, tap on it. You may be able to delete the entry. 

Here’s more on managing Health data - Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

Thanks. 

How do I delete errant Weight data in Apple Health?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.