Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reinstall after factory reset

I followed the instructions to erase my disk and now trying to reinstall OS X Lion for my early 2011 MacBook Pro. I am stuck where it says “select the disk where you want to install” there is nothing to click/select.

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 8:42 PM

staciessj Said:

"Trying to reinstall after factory reset: I followed the instructions to erase my disk and now trying to reinstall OS X Lion for my early 2011 MacBook Pro. I am stuck where it says 'select the disk where you want to install' there is nothing to click/select."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Mounting the Disk:

Select the flowing disk, and then click the Mount Button. Next, try the install...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 8:42 PM in response to staciessj

staciessj Said:

"Trying to reinstall after factory reset: I followed the instructions to erase my disk and now trying to reinstall OS X Lion for my early 2011 MacBook Pro. I am stuck where it says 'select the disk where you want to install' there is nothing to click/select."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Mounting the Disk:

Select the flowing disk, and then click the Mount Button. Next, try the install...

Jun 12, 2022 8:23 PM in response to staciessj

staciessj Said:

-------

Mount the Disk, First:

1. Click: the Back button
  2. Go to: Disk Utility
  3. Select: your Disk
  4. Click: the Mount button
  5. Click: the Back button
  6. Try this once more.

Trying to reinstall after factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.