Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOGIC BOARD WARRANTY

Apple replaced my logic Board and display on my 2020 iMac 27" 2 weeks ago under warranty. I was told the components would now be covered for 3 years, but when I check 'service and support' it states no technical support and that 'repair and service' has expired. could you please verify the state of my warranty. Serial No. C0***N7C

Regards George

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 10:47 AM

I doubt the repair warranty would be included on the Apple warranty status website. The original warranty and extended AppleCare+ are different from a 90 day repair or part warranty.

A "part" warranty will only cover the part(s) actually replaced during the repair and is the type of "warranty" used when the repair shop performs the repair themselves.

If the store, repair shop, or user sends the laptop out to an Apple mail-in repair depot, then the laptop will be covered by a "repair warranty" which usually covers the complete laptop for 90 days.

Our organization has never had a problem getting a "Repeat Service" coverage for any part or repair within 90 days of the previous repair. Just make sure to keep your repair receipt just to be safe.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 10:47 AM in response to Tremayne6969

I doubt the repair warranty would be included on the Apple warranty status website. The original warranty and extended AppleCare+ are different from a 90 day repair or part warranty.

A "part" warranty will only cover the part(s) actually replaced during the repair and is the type of "warranty" used when the repair shop performs the repair themselves.

If the store, repair shop, or user sends the laptop out to an Apple mail-in repair depot, then the laptop will be covered by a "repair warranty" which usually covers the complete laptop for 90 days.

Our organization has never had a problem getting a "Repeat Service" coverage for any part or repair within 90 days of the previous repair. Just make sure to keep your repair receipt just to be safe.

LOGIC BOARD WARRANTY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.