Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook repair service ripoff

Would you recommend taking photographs of anything you leave into Apple service before sending it in? I present all over the world on sales, service and marketing and Mac was working perfectly but I had marks on a screen and decide to get a new one. Mac was also working perfectly in CompuB when I left it in. Even got sales rep to look at it working. Got a quote of €1,000, expensive but I said ok. Within a few days quote jumped to €1,700. I said its ok I'll stay with old screen. When I asked when it will be ready...they say the mac does not work. The screen does not work. They say the screen does not work, and I have to pay €1,700. Yet everything was working every day before I left it in.

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 6:30 PM

If you are unable to get satisfaction by dealing with "Compu8" as @John Galt suggested, then you can contact Apple directly. I know first hand that Apple does take service complaints seriously and will investigate (at least they have done so in the past).

You should definitely try resolving the issue with "Compu8" first. Ask for more details on what happened or what caused the change in the repair quote when you noticed no problems before. You should ask to speak with the manager if you are dissatisfied with their response. I would give them a chance before filing a complaint with Apple.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 6:30 PM in response to AlanLeach

If you are unable to get satisfaction by dealing with "Compu8" as @John Galt suggested, then you can contact Apple directly. I know first hand that Apple does take service complaints seriously and will investigate (at least they have done so in the past).

You should definitely try resolving the issue with "Compu8" first. Ask for more details on what happened or what caused the change in the repair quote when you noticed no problems before. You should ask to speak with the manager if you are dissatisfied with their response. I would give them a chance before filing a complaint with Apple.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Good luck.

Macbook repair service ripoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.