Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do long screen recordings disappear off my MacBook? Is there a way to get them back?

I screen recorded a ft call for 30 minutes, rewatched the whole thing, and when I closed it I wasn't able to find it again. However, I can find screen recordings that lasted only a couple of seconds. I repeated the same thing and it works the same way.

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 11:14 AM

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2022 11:14 AM in response to Quandale_Dingle

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Why do long screen recordings disappear off my MacBook? Is there a way to get them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.