Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini playing 2 devices

I just bought a HomePod mini and my wife and I are on a family plan, we each have separate email. The HomePod is under my email, but I can’t get her iPhone to show the home pod on the home app or use the tap to play method/ any workaround? It won’t even play via Bluetooth on her phone. Mine will, but hers it just won’t work, we both have iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:09 AM

See Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support and make sure that your wife's Wi-Fi connection is not using the private address feature. If the HomePod is set up to allow AirPlay from anyone on the same network it should now show as an AirPlay target for your wife's phone.

See Share control of your home - Apple Support to give your wife access in the Home app. See also Set up voice recognition on HomePod mini or HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 8:09 AM in response to nevilledevil

See Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support and make sure that your wife's Wi-Fi connection is not using the private address feature. If the HomePod is set up to allow AirPlay from anyone on the same network it should now show as an AirPlay target for your wife's phone.

See Share control of your home - Apple Support to give your wife access in the Home app. See also Set up voice recognition on HomePod mini or HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

HomePod mini playing 2 devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.