You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i charge my airpods and the light goes green for 5 seconds then goes out what do i do

my airpods only turn on when they are charged and only have the green light on for 5 seconds what’s wrong with them?

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 6:07 PM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2022 12:50 AM in response to nas274

nas274 Said:

"i charge my airpods and the light goes green for 5 seconds then goes out what do I do: my airpods only turn on when they are charged and only have the green light on for 5 seconds what’s wrong with them?"

-------

For reference.

Troubleshooting AirPods Charging:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

i charge my airpods and the light goes green for 5 seconds then goes out what do i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.