Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available." despite having Gigabytes of space left and Photo backups disabled. How do I fix this please?

I still have gigabytes of space left on my iCloud storage and iPhone, yet my iPhone still will not backup. This has been going on for weeks and I am beginning to get worried. Is my phone broken? Do I need to repair it?

I have found zero solutions online.

How do I get my iCloud backup to work again, seeing as I have adequate storage space, Photo storage disabled, and no large files that could cause any problems?

These images were taken and posted in a sequence that explains the problem well.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:04 AM

Tap on Manage Storage there in iCloud, Backups->Your iPhone. You can see there how much space the backup is going to take up. If it's larger than the 1.2GB you have available, then it won't be able to backup.

You can manage what gets backed up from that screen too, to reduce the backup size.

2 replies

"This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available." despite having Gigabytes of space left and Photo backups disabled. How do I fix this please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.