Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand automation not working

I’m working on a very large project in garage band with, although I haven't counted, but im sure probably around a thousand or so cuts and automation edits varying between volume and effect automations.

The issue I’ve been met with is on a particular track where my yellow automation line is set to be +3.1 but on the left side the volume bar is reading as -5.6 and the volume is very quite. it only fixes itself and plays the correct volume when I actively drag the automation line while the project is playing. But then afterwards if I play it normally the track refuses to listen to the automation line and goes back to being quiet.

I thought it could’ve been that I copied this spliced section from a previous track that had volume automation built in with it, but I double checked and that wasn’t the case. I truly have no idea what’s happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:01 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 15, 2022 2:16 PM in response to lunesscape

Hi there, lunesscape

We see automation for a particular section in GarageBand is not working, so we want to help. Let's try these steps:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac -- Reset the nonvolatile random-access memory (NVRAM) using the steps in this article. Test the issue once you're back in GarageBand to see it was just a temporary issue with the memory.

How to use safe mode on your Mac -- If resetting the NVRAM didn't resolve the issue, restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. If it works while in safe mode, reboot normally and test again in your own user account. If not, continue to the next resource. 

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide.

Let us know how that goes, and take care!

GarageBand automation not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.