Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Migration from older MacBook Air to new M1 MacBook Air stuck partway in process.

I'm migrating my files from an older MacBook Air to to a brand new M1 MacBook Air using Migration Assistant, but the transfer has stopped. Initially the message said 25 minutes to go, but no more files have moved and the time has increased to 3 hr+. I was following only the initial screen instructions on starting the new MacBook Air and I have no idea what software is already on it. Should I stop and try to start over? The device is my wife's MacBook Air but I'm going to be doing this with my own shortly.

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 8:04 AM

Hi rmacorth32,

Check the new Mac Air to see if the desired information has transferred there. If not, restart the source Mac and initiate and migrate the remaining data that has not been transferred to the new Mac Air.

Move your content to a new Mac

Regards.

2 replies

File Migration from older MacBook Air to new M1 MacBook Air stuck partway in process.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.