Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update failing

Hello. My phone keeps failing to update because it says I’m no longer connected to the internet but the internet connection is fine. I tried going to storage and deleting the update but it does not help. I can’t tell if the update is deleted because it remains the same. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 10:10 PM

CDWZZ Said:

"Update failing: Hello. My phone keeps failing to update because it says I’m no longer connected to the internet but the internet connection is fine. I tried going to storage and deleting the update but it does not help. I can’t tell if the update is deleted because it remains the same. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks."

-------

Updating an iPhone:

Update using a computer:

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 10:10 PM in response to CDWZZ

CDWZZ Said:

"Update failing: Hello. My phone keeps failing to update because it says I’m no longer connected to the internet but the internet connection is fine. I tried going to storage and deleting the update but it does not help. I can’t tell if the update is deleted because it remains the same. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks."

-------

Updating an iPhone:

Update using a computer:

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Update failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.