Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerpoint Not Saving to USB Stick.

Hey,

As you can see from the photos I've uploaded, I'm having this silly error message appear when trying to save my PPT. onto my USB stick (the PPT is already on the USB stick).

The USB is formatted correctly and works/saves fine on other operating systems, so i find this very bizarre. it happens every time it is connected to my Macbook Pro (Monterey 12.0.1).

Even if I click on either "Try Again" or "Cancel" the message that the PPT. could not be saved appears.

Can anyone help to solve this?

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:43 AM

jonoBookPro wrote:

As you can see from the photos I've uploaded, I'm having this silly error message appear when trying to save my PPT. onto my USB stick (the PPT is already on the USB stick).

Make changes to your Preferences

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 8:43 AM in response to jonoBookPro

jonoBookPro wrote:

Make changes to your Preferences

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

Jun 16, 2022 4:20 AM in response to jonoBookPro

Q - " The USB is formatted correctly and works/saves fine on other operating systems, so i find this very bizarre. it happens every time it is connected to my Macbook Pro (Monterey 12.0.1)."

A1 - How is the USB Drive formatted and please be specific. Saving the same file from Other Operating System does not make the Drive Read and Writable on macOS unless the drive format is Common to Both the Other Operating System and macOS.

A2 - Apple macOS can read and write to exFat and Fat formatted Drives.

A 3 - macOS Can Read NTFS Formatted Drive but can NOT Write to NTFS unless special Software is installed on macOS that will allow Writing to NTFS Formatted Drives.

A4 - The Current version of Monterey is now version 12.4

Jun 16, 2022 8:07 AM in response to jonoBookPro

It looks like Powerpoint does not have permission to save to that location.

If you want, you can grant Powerpoint "Full Disk Access" in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy, and that will probably solve this.

Or you can save to a different location and then when done copy the file over.

I do not recommend using a USB stick by actually editing documents. It is much faster and safer to edit the documents while stored in the internal drive, and use the USB stick for carrying them around, or a way to have an additional copy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.