Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15.5 on macOS Monterey 12.4

“Safari Can’t Open the Page” “The operation couldn’t be completed. Message too long” NSPOSIXErrorDomain:40

This morning all Google sites stopped working, I cannot load my work calendar, nor company's Google Docs/Sheets/Workspaces

The error is exactly as above... and I've reset history, flushed cookies removed hide my ip and it still does not work.

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 9:17 AM

snolan wrote:

It works in Vivaldi, and normal (non-corporate) Google sites all work in Firefox

I *suspect* Google now requires tracking (a change on their end) and Safari is not allowing it.
I did try opening permissions up but that has not helped so far.

You can Check Safari>Preferences work through the list if in doubt...

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as ...

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 9:17 AM in response to snolan

snolan wrote:

It works in Vivaldi, and normal (non-corporate) Google sites all work in Firefox

I *suspect* Google now requires tracking (a change on their end) and Safari is not allowing it.

You can Check Safari>Preferences work through the list if in doubt...

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as ...

Jun 16, 2022 8:24 AM in response to snolan

snolan wrote:

“Safari Can’t Open the Page” “The operation couldn’t be completed. Message too long” NSPOSIXErrorDomain:40

This morning all Google sites stopped working, I cannot load my work calendar, nor company's Google Docs/Sheets/Workspaces

The error is exactly as above... and I've reset history, flushed cookies removed hide my ip and it still does not work.

Try a different browser and compare your results...

this would rule out your local Network as the issue.

ref: NSPOSIXErrorDomain:40 - Apple Community

Jun 16, 2022 8:44 AM in response to leroydouglas

Specifically:

* turned off firewall (system prefs)

* unchecked prevent cross-site tracking (I hate doing that, but need work calendar)

* unchecked hide my IP address from trackers

I flushed all google.com and Microsoft.com website data (my employer uses Microsoft Authenticator and Google Work Spaces)

Jun 17, 2022 3:46 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Aha! it is the Cisco VPN that my employer requires!

Interesting TIP....

My MacBook Air (unconnected to work VPN) works fine.

When I have it join the employer's VPN, NSPOSIXErrorDomain:40

The MacBook Pro is actually the one issued to me by my employer, so I don't want to disable VPN while working, but will try it as soon as I can.

The odd thing is I have been using this same Cisco VPN for years, it only became an issue yesterday.

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

v4.10.00093 (both laptops)

Safari 15.5

MacOS 12.4

when Cisco VPN is engaged, Google sites stop working, when disengaged they work fine.

I actually dislike Google, but employer uses Google suite... sigh.

Safari 15.5 on macOS Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.