Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received the wrong serial numbered watch with Apple Care plus from Amazon?

Received the wrong serial number Watch with Apple Care plus from Amazon

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 11:01 AM

Thank you for the advice I contacted Amazon and also Apple. Since the AppleCare plus was attached to a serial number watch that I did not receive Apple could not revoke it. Next up called Amazon and after numerous calls and chats, although they could not revoke the AppleCare plus on whosever got that Watch, they just made an exception and refunded the money for the coverage. Next up what to do about the serial number. I told them if I ever had to refer back to Amazon the order details show the wrong serial number of the watch I received. It could possibly be a problem if I ever had to validate where I purchased it with Apple for service. They resolved the issue by having UPS express shipment take this watch back and send express replacement to me. The replacement Watch has the correct serial number on the new order details and then ordered AppleCare plus through Apple. Thanks for the help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 11:01 AM in response to javaliga

Thank you for the advice I contacted Amazon and also Apple. Since the AppleCare plus was attached to a serial number watch that I did not receive Apple could not revoke it. Next up called Amazon and after numerous calls and chats, although they could not revoke the AppleCare plus on whosever got that Watch, they just made an exception and refunded the money for the coverage. Next up what to do about the serial number. I told them if I ever had to refer back to Amazon the order details show the wrong serial number of the watch I received. It could possibly be a problem if I ever had to validate where I purchased it with Apple for service. They resolved the issue by having UPS express shipment take this watch back and send express replacement to me. The replacement Watch has the correct serial number on the new order details and then ordered AppleCare plus through Apple. Thanks for the help.

Received the wrong serial numbered watch with Apple Care plus from Amazon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.