Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone update does not show on my device

My iPhone doesn’t show update or the is update in my general settings

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 7:35 PM

9 replies

Jun 16, 2022 7:58 PM in response to hajj205

Some businesses and schools do not want to allow their employees to update unless they think it is ready so they block you from doing so. So if a company issued you this phone, or you have an email account on your iPhone from your company (same for schools if you are a student) they may be blocking you from updating.

You should also go into screen time and see if there is a setting there that will not let you update your iPhone.

As to betas, if someone was running a beta version of software on that phone and they left the profile on it then it can block you from updating it. Same thing can happen if this is a demo phone. Is there a reason you haven't tried to update it before now?

Go to Settings > General and look for an entry that says Profile or VPN and Managed... and click on them if you find them and tell us what it says.

My phone update does not show on my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.