iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 8:15 PM

sonyumair Said:

"There is no update in my iPhone 7plus: No update coming in my iPhone"

-------

Updating an iPhone 7 Past iOS15:

A. You can't.  The iPhone 7 will only install to iOS 15. See here: Update your iPhone or iPad Software if you're Experiencing Issues with Location, Date, and Time - Apple Support. And, for the note, even if you could update, only the latest compatible version will install.

So, what to Try:

B. Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Use my User Tip Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 8:15 PM in response to sonyumair

sonyumair Said:

"There is no update in my iPhone 7plus: No update coming in my iPhone"

-------

Updating an iPhone 7 Past iOS15:

A. You can't.  The iPhone 7 will only install to iOS 15. See here: Update your iPhone or iPad Software if you're Experiencing Issues with Location, Date, and Time - Apple Support. And, for the note, even if you could update, only the latest compatible version will install.

So, what to Try:

B. Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Use my User Tip Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough

Apr 23, 2023 8:01 PM in response to sonyumair

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device. An iPhone 7 Plus will update as far as iOS 15.7.5

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software:

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date (and can't go any higher) and won't install anything. Apple indicates ( Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12… - Apple Community ) I need to point out the obvious and state that if you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

There is no update in my iPhone 7plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.