Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted messages reappear in mail

My mail has recently started to bring back messages I've deleted multiple times, in more than one mailbox. I read, answer, delete if I don't want to keep the message, and a few minutes later there it is again. Most reappear as unread; some reappear as read. How can I stop my mailbox from being clogged up this way? I've tried deleting them in my online Gmail account and erasing deleted messages (but they don't turn up in the trash, either.).

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 4:32 PM

I guess the action of deleting emails on your desktop email app is not being signaled to the Gmail server for some reason, like in my case. Resetting the Gmail account in your desktop email app would normalize the app config.

14 replies

Jun 17, 2022 1:48 AM in response to Beauregardhound

Who is your " Mail Server " hosted on.

Is this a New Issue ? If Yes, what exactly changed on this computer ?

Is this an Old Issue ? If Yes, what actions has the user taken to fix this issue ?

Understand, we are all working Remotely from all around the world. Therefore, we do not have the On-Hands experience the User ( you ) has with this computer.

Reliable , accurate, details and context will really help to pinpoint a possible solution.

Jun 19, 2022 2:02 PM in response to Beauregardhound

I use Aquamail app on Samsung Note-8(Android phone) and noticed a similar problem on one of my gmail accounts today. Deleted emails kept reappearing in Aquamail app. I removed that gmail account in the app and then added it back. Deleted emails stopped reappearing since then.

I have other outlook mail accounts configured in Aquamail and they haven't exhibited the "deleted email reappearing" problem.

Deleted messages reappear in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.