Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud photos don’t sync to macbook with iphone hotspot

How can I sync icloud photos to macbook with iphone hot spot?

Syncing is working with other wifis, but with iphone hotspot it wont sync. Everything else is working just as hot spot would be normal wifi. As it is.

This seems to be weird Apples decision?

Here in Europe we have unlimited fast dataconnection in every phone. so its normal to use hotspot as normal wifi without limitations. When i’m travelling and at sommer cottage i maid be weeks out of other wifis than my hotspot. Do i really have no way to get my photos thtough hotspot? Any work arounds?

Our home data connection also is typically mobile connection even though in those sim card is inside the wifi station and iphone cant figure out its also mobile connection. Weird if mobile data in phone works and mobile data works if it’s inside wifi station, and it works if it is through hot spot in no-iphone, but if it is through hot spot in iphone it also works except that you cant get your photos from icloud photos. Can anyone explain what kind of Californian logic has came to this outcome?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 10:40 AM

Hi

Try enabling (on the phone) apple photos for the mobile data. I think it is disabled by default, and that also stops macs accessing it via hotspot also)

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 20, 2022 10:48 PM in response to Migge

I've wondered this too. In an era of 100-200gb mobile phone plans theres no real need to throttle icloud photos but it does.

There is apparently a work around that enables you to change the way the mac see the connection and change it to a wifi connection. I cant remember how you do it , but its on google somewhere

Icloud photos don’t sync to macbook with iphone hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.