Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assigning an app to a specific monitor

In macOS Monterey, I no longer have the option to right click an app in the dock and assign it to a specific monitor. Is there an option I need to turn on in system preferences?

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 2:58 PM

Did you disable "Desktops have separate spaces" in the Mission Control System Preferences?

With that disabled, there aren't separate displays. The one display is the combination of every monitor.

According to this help article, the capability should still exist if you have that setting enabled. I no longer have multiple monitors to check.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 2:58 PM in response to PapaG1948

Did you disable "Desktops have separate spaces" in the Mission Control System Preferences?

With that disabled, there aren't separate displays. The one display is the combination of every monitor.

According to this help article, the capability should still exist if you have that setting enabled. I no longer have multiple monitors to check.

Assigning an app to a specific monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.