Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone was run over and screen cracked I can’t swipe to put passcode in not even with new screen . How do I recover data from phone that’s not in icloud

My iPhone was run over and screen cracked I can’t swipe to put passcode in not even with new screen . How do I recover data from phone that’s not in icloud

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 10:04 AM

Depending on the extent of the damage, you may be able to back up the phone by connecting it to a computer. Good luck!

1. Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable
  2. In the Finder sidebar on your Mac, select your iPhone
  3. To use the Finder to back up iPhone, macOS 10.15 or later is required. With earlier versions of macOS, you'll have to use iTunes to back up iPhone
  4. At the top of the Finder window, click General
  5. Select “Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac”
  6. To encrypt your backup data and protect it with a password, select “Encrypt local backup”
  7. Click Back Up Now

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 10:04 AM in response to ora112

Depending on the extent of the damage, you may be able to back up the phone by connecting it to a computer. Good luck!

1. Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable
  2. In the Finder sidebar on your Mac, select your iPhone
  3. To use the Finder to back up iPhone, macOS 10.15 or later is required. With earlier versions of macOS, you'll have to use iTunes to back up iPhone
  4. At the top of the Finder window, click General
  5. Select “Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac”
  6. To encrypt your backup data and protect it with a password, select “Encrypt local backup”
  7. Click Back Up Now

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.