Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring from iCloud

Lost a previous phone. Obviously I can't transfer anything from old phone. Can't seem to retrieve old photos from cloud. Any ideas?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 5:31 AM

It depends a passcode was set up in the lost iPhone Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If passcode was not set up the person who access it will delete photos from the device , when find my phone is turned on activation lock activates automatically .

If you ever had set up photo library in old lost iPhone  Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support and you knew that Apple ID and password with correct credentials sign in with a new browser at www.icloud.com

You can view the photos that are still in iCloud View your photos and videos on iCloud.com - Apple Support and download them Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 5:31 AM in response to WAD1956

It depends a passcode was set up in the lost iPhone Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If passcode was not set up the person who access it will delete photos from the device , when find my phone is turned on activation lock activates automatically .

If you ever had set up photo library in old lost iPhone  Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support and you knew that Apple ID and password with correct credentials sign in with a new browser at www.icloud.com

You can view the photos that are still in iCloud View your photos and videos on iCloud.com - Apple Support and download them Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

Restoring from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.