Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot download movies

I’m trying to download movies to watch when I go on holiday tomorrow. I have a; iPhone 12 mini but when I try to download movies on my phone all I get is the spinning circle without much else happening. I’ve definitely got enough memory and I’ve tried closing the apps and restarting them. This happens in Apple TV, Disney + and Amazon prime.

Any help would be much appreciated.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 8:56 PM

Verify that you are on Wi-Fi, and that this Wi-Fi brings (fast) internet access.

On cellular, certain apps may be restricted from using cellular data. This is configurable in Settings, per app.

If you can stream but not download, then the connectivity is not the issue. Do test that for a few seconds.

In the TV app, you would first get the spinner while preparing to download, then the dotted circular progress ring that completes from 0–100%, then the download-completed icon.

- Verify Storage (disk space free/unused), even if just to confirm.

- Force-quit your misbehaving apps to try again freshly.

- Restart your device to try again freshly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 8:56 PM in response to supergiraffegleek

Verify that you are on Wi-Fi, and that this Wi-Fi brings (fast) internet access.

On cellular, certain apps may be restricted from using cellular data. This is configurable in Settings, per app.

If you can stream but not download, then the connectivity is not the issue. Do test that for a few seconds.

In the TV app, you would first get the spinner while preparing to download, then the dotted circular progress ring that completes from 0–100%, then the download-completed icon.

- Verify Storage (disk space free/unused), even if just to confirm.

- Force-quit your misbehaving apps to try again freshly.

- Restart your device to try again freshly.

cannot download movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.