Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't receive Imessages after getting a new SIM card

I just moved to Spain, got a new SIM card and now when I email people back in the United States, I cannot see their responses. I get an automatic blank text from an unknown number. What do I have set wrong on my phone?

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 7:30 AM

iMessages (blue bubbles) are sent via your data connection.

This can be either WiFi or your carrier’s data connection.

Check your Settings -> Mobile -> Mobile Data to ensure that it’s set to your new SIM.

Also, you’ll need to de-register your “old” number … and register your “new” number in iMessaging.

Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

Then:

Settings -> Apple ID (Your Name) -> Name, Phone Numbers, Email.

Press Edit, add your new phone number if it has not already been registered.

After, go to:

Settings -> Messages. Activate iMessage and check that your new number is in the Send & Receive menu.

If all this appears correct, you’ll likely need to contact your new carrier to sort-out your mobile data issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 7:30 AM in response to Wollid

iMessages (blue bubbles) are sent via your data connection.

This can be either WiFi or your carrier’s data connection.

Check your Settings -> Mobile -> Mobile Data to ensure that it’s set to your new SIM.

Also, you’ll need to de-register your “old” number … and register your “new” number in iMessaging.

Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

Then:

Settings -> Apple ID (Your Name) -> Name, Phone Numbers, Email.

Press Edit, add your new phone number if it has not already been registered.

After, go to:

Settings -> Messages. Activate iMessage and check that your new number is in the Send & Receive menu.

If all this appears correct, you’ll likely need to contact your new carrier to sort-out your mobile data issues.

Can't receive Imessages after getting a new SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.