Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share for Parent/Guardian, why a is purchase code need.

Why is it that my husband has to have a code from me to purchase anything? He is set as a Parent/Guardian. His game would not renew his subscription because of it. It is very upsetting.

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 8:18 AM

I have never heard of anybody needing a "code" for any purchase. Maybe this is something specific to that game/app? Even if you had somehow managed to set him a a child under Ask To Buy, I still don't think a "code" is involved.

If you still have questions or problems:

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 8:18 AM in response to Sunmel99

I have never heard of anybody needing a "code" for any purchase. Maybe this is something specific to that game/app? Even if you had somehow managed to set him a a child under Ask To Buy, I still don't think a "code" is involved.

If you still have questions or problems:

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family share for Parent/Guardian, why a is purchase code need.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.