Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain not filling in login info

Since migrating my data from my old MacBook to my new one (old: 2013 15" Pro, new: 16" Pro M1), the username and passwords are not being pulled from my keychain when trying to access accounts. Is there a secret to doing this? I'd hate to have to redo all the usernames and passwords for every website that I use.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 7:53 AM

chuckdemin wrote:

Never mind. Figured out that my new MacBook adds a step requiring fingerprint or user password to autofill passwords. I suspect I'll be finding more of these differences as I get used to the new Pro.

See if there is anything here

Autofill your user name and password in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Verify the Log-in keychain remain unlocked

If your Mac keeps asking for your keychain password - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 7:53 AM in response to chuckdemin

chuckdemin wrote:

Never mind. Figured out that my new MacBook adds a step requiring fingerprint or user password to autofill passwords. I suspect I'll be finding more of these differences as I get used to the new Pro.

See if there is anything here

Autofill your user name and password in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Verify the Log-in keychain remain unlocked

If your Mac keeps asking for your keychain password - Apple ...

Keychain not filling in login info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.