Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume markers driving me crazy

Lately, whenever I move or delete a region inside a Track, GB adds a Volume marker to the time line inside that track (or multiple tracks if I highlite more than one track). This is annoying as I now lose control of the Master Volume level for the entire track, and have to raise and lower each section within these marks, or delete these markers as they appear, to keep Volume control for the entire track. Both of these options consume a lot of time.

Anyone else have this experience?

Did I turn this on by accident?

Using GB 10 with Monterey.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 7:30 AM

I'm wondering if by "volume markers" you mean the function Garageband calls "automation". Automation puts a line in the region and allows you to place points along it to change the track volume. I believe if you right click on the track or region a contextual region allows you to "delete all automation on this track", or something like that. There is also a control that allows setting the automation to move with the region, if you move a region, so the volume automation doesn't get misaligned.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 7:30 AM in response to Al_Chance

I'm wondering if by "volume markers" you mean the function Garageband calls "automation". Automation puts a line in the region and allows you to place points along it to change the track volume. I believe if you right click on the track or region a contextual region allows you to "delete all automation on this track", or something like that. There is also a control that allows setting the automation to move with the region, if you move a region, so the volume automation doesn't get misaligned.

Jun 21, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Al_Chance

Hi there Al_Chance,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You can delete these arrangements markers following the guidance from the Apple Support article:

"In GarageBand on Mac, select the arrangement marker, then press Delete to delete the regions in the Tracks area below the arrangement marker so it’s empty. Press Delete again to delete the arrangement marker."

Further details, including how to adjust the settings are found here:

Edit arrangement markers in GarageBand on Mac

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Volume markers driving me crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.