Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular Update failing over and over again

I've had this issue for awhile now. It used to be whenever I would get an update, my phone would always have the cellular update fail, and I would have to go through the annoying process of getting my iOS reinstalled every single time. More recently, however, it will now just randomly fail the update when there is no update taking place, iOS update, that is. This has happened probably upwards of 15 times I would say. My parents are thinking of upgrading me and my siblings soon anyway, but that might be more rushed if I can't have a reliable phone that will work when I go on trips that I won't have access to a laptop for. I've looked this issue up a lot of times and I can't find someone who has the same type of issue as I do. Help would be very much appreciated. The phone is an iPhone 8, currently updated to iOS 15.5. No damage has really been done to the phone. If it might have any clues, my phone also overheats near the camera module and will go into a repeating boot for a little bit. This issue hasn't happened for awhile but it used to frequently.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 11:03 AM

4 replies

Jun 20, 2022 11:31 AM in response to -logan-

Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings, update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Cellular Update failing over and over again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.