Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac studio and OWC RAID woes

Just got my new Mac Studio, and was having problems getting my 2x OWC RAIDs to show up in softraid. No problem, did a softraid re-install and all is well...that is until I open up Premiere or Resolve.

Had a project I was working with, and it showed a ton of offline media. When I go to link it one of my raid enclosures shows up fine, and I can navigate through all of the folders via the browser in resolve/premiere. But the other one is visible, but when I click on it none of the folder sub structures will show up. That said I can drag and drop media from this drive into Resolve or Premiere using finder and it will import perfectly.

Thought it might be a drives permissions issue, but everything is set to read & write.

Mac Studio

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:26 AM

robmneilson wrote:

Just got my new Mac Studio, and was having problems getting my 2x OWC RAIDs to show up in softraid. No problem, did a softraid re-install and all is well...that is until I open up Premiere or Resolve.

Had a project I was working with, and it showed a ton of offline media. When I go to link it one of my raid enclosures shows up fine, and I can navigate through all of the folders via the browser in resolve/premiere. But the other one is visible, but when I click on it none of the folder sub structures will show up. That said I can drag and drop media from this drive into Resolve or Premiere using finder and it will import perfectly.

Thought it might be a drives permissions issue, but everything is set to read & write.

OWC has excellent customer support for there products—

Contact Customer Support - MacSales.com

Other World Computing/Customer service

1 (866) 692-7100

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 8:26 AM in response to robmneilson

robmneilson wrote:

OWC has excellent customer support for there products—

Contact Customer Support - MacSales.com

Other World Computing/Customer service

1 (866) 692-7100

Jul 6, 2022 3:37 AM in response to robmneilson

Rob,

I had the same issue. It seems to be a SOFT RAID Upgrade issue. If you give OWC a support call they will walk you through the new version (SoftRAID 6.2.1) and how to retrieve your license. As soon as I did the upgrade the bay was recognized. Another thing I found with OWC Thunderbay is that if you have multiple bays you have to put the largest bay first in the daisy chain and all will follow afterwards

best

Z

mac studio and OWC RAID woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.