Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual sim: only allow calls/messages to one line

If I use dual sims, how do I ignore calls and text messages sent to 1 line and not the other? If I have a business line, and want to forward or ignore any calls and messages sent to the phone line?

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 10:05 PM

According to this article, Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support,

“With iOS 13 and later, when you're on a call, if the carrier for your other phone number supports Wi-Fi calling, you can answer incoming calls on your other number. When you're on a call using a line that isn't your designated line for cellular data, you need to turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching to receive calls from your other line. If you ignore the call and you have voicemail set up with your carrier, you’ll get a missed-call notification and the call will go to voicemail.”

I hope that helps!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 10:05 PM in response to KimberrD

According to this article, Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support,

“With iOS 13 and later, when you're on a call, if the carrier for your other phone number supports Wi-Fi calling, you can answer incoming calls on your other number. When you're on a call using a line that isn't your designated line for cellular data, you need to turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching to receive calls from your other line. If you ignore the call and you have voicemail set up with your carrier, you’ll get a missed-call notification and the call will go to voicemail.”

I hope that helps!

Dual sim: only allow calls/messages to one line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.