Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get an older version of iMovie to be compatible with Catalina?

i recently had to erase my laptop because it was overheating, and Apple support reinstalled OS Catalina 10.15.7 and now I cannot get imovie back

how can i get an older version on imovie to be compatible with Catalina?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 12:01 PM

You might be able to launch the Mac App Store; be signed in with the same Apple ID as you used to install iMovie before, and press cmd+0 (zero) which brings up the Purchased panel. If iMovie appears there with a blue cloud and down-arrow, click that, and see if it offers to install the last compatible version of iMovie for Catalina.

If not, then you are done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 12:01 PM in response to inaya77

You might be able to launch the Mac App Store; be signed in with the same Apple ID as you used to install iMovie before, and press cmd+0 (zero) which brings up the Purchased panel. If iMovie appears there with a blue cloud and down-arrow, click that, and see if it offers to install the last compatible version of iMovie for Catalina.

If not, then you are done.

How can I get an older version of iMovie to be compatible with Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.