Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone App Removal - As I use the phone, it keeps going into the delete mode

For some reason, my home screen has become ultra sensitive to touch - always going into the app-removal mode (shaking icons). This occurs when I touch a blank portion of the screen for only a second.

Just trying to scroll to the next screen will result in the app deletion mode and accidentally deleting apps. This also happens if I put the phone into my pocket without turning it off.

Is there a way to lengthen, or set, the time before the app removal mode becomes active?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 11:58 AM

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone

• Open Settings and tap Accessibility.
  • Tap Touch.
  • Tap 3D & Haptic Touch. Depending on the device you have, only the 3D Touch or the Haptic Touch option might appear. For 3D Touch, turn on the feature, then use the slider to select a sensitivity level.

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 11:58 AM in response to JGreg7

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone

• Open Settings and tap Accessibility.
  • Tap Touch.
  • Tap 3D & Haptic Touch. Depending on the device you have, only the 3D Touch or the Haptic Touch option might appear. For 3D Touch, turn on the feature, then use the slider to select a sensitivity level.

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone - Apple ...

Jun 21, 2022 12:53 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your response, however it does not seem to work.

I have the "Touch" option, which gives me only fast or slow. Both the fast and slow settings are the same as far as I can tell. Both settings result in an almost immediate activation of the Touch Duration Test shown below the fast/slow selection.

Any idea how to slow this down a bit?

iPhone App Removal - As I use the phone, it keeps going into the delete mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.