Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Hello,

We are planning on switching cellphone plans and I am wondering if I need hot spot to connect to my watch from my phone, or if just using cellular data from my phone connects my watch.

My watch is the GPS one, not the cellular one.

I will be upgrading my phone to an iPhone 13 as well, if that makes a difference.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 4:34 PM

Apple Watch (GPS only) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 4:34 PM in response to Dianabernardino

Apple Watch (GPS only) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.