Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t uninstall apps or clean up items for more storage

There is not an option On my 2020 SE To uninstall apps permanently

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 9:11 PM

Snfeldman Said:

"I can’t uninstall apps or clean up items for more storage: There is not an option On my 2020 SE To uninstall apps permanently"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

System Data (formerly called "Other"), basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.  Use my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 9:11 PM in response to Snfeldman

Snfeldman Said:

"I can’t uninstall apps or clean up items for more storage: There is not an option On my 2020 SE To uninstall apps permanently"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

System Data (formerly called "Other"), basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.  Use my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

I can’t uninstall apps or clean up items for more storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.