You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine

Hi, I work with a iMac model 19.1 (Monetery) with a 1 TB harddisk. For my backup I use an external Seagate 2 TB harddisk. Since 2 weeks time machine can't finish the daily backups. I have searched the internet but I can't find a solution to this problem. For some reason Time Machine can't delete older backups in order to make a new daily backup. Can somebody tell me how to tckle this peoblem?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 1:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 3:50 AM

How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac - the issue may not the the TM Backup Drive but rather the Internal Drive does not have enough Empty Space.

If that is not the issue >> If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine - Apple Support (CA)

5 replies

Jun 22, 2022 7:18 AM in response to Louisvdb01

Predicated on the User ( you ) having read all information from both Linked Sites.

There are two options and not in any order.

1 - Put aside the existing TM Backup Drive in a Safe Place for keeping incase there is a need in the future and purchase a New Drive with at last 2 1/2 More Drive Capacity of the Internal Drive.

2 - Reformat the Exiting TM Backup Drive and start again

Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.