Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 Pro typing multiple letters

My m1 MacBook Pro m1 pro types two different letters when I type (w types w2, 2 types w2, etc.). Barely used the keyboard (covered with protector), mostly use usb keyboard. Tried compressed air but nothing. Anyone else with this issue??

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 5:54 AM

yaw55 wrote:

My m1 MacBook Pro m1 pro types two different letters when I type (w types w2, 2 types w2, etc.). Barely used the keyboard (covered with protector), mostly use usb keyboard. Tried compressed air but nothing. Anyone else with this issue??

You have a limited 14 days for a full refund or exchange for one that works out of the box as expected

Returns & Refunds Order status

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you are beyond that it falls under a warranty repair.

You can try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anoamlies on the M1. Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

*Please note: Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 5:54 AM in response to yaw55

yaw55 wrote:

You have a limited 14 days for a full refund or exchange for one that works out of the box as expected

Returns & Refunds Order status

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you are beyond that it falls under a warranty repair.

You can try SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to sort anoamlies on the M1. Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

*Please note: Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac ...

MacBook Pro M1 Pro typing multiple letters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.