Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular Issue Detected

My phone Cellular suddenly got error, saying it needs to update but it was up-to-dated. How can I retrieve Network?

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 6:35 AM

My SIM card not recognized after IOS 15.6 update in iPhone 7

Cellular Issue Detected

How I can fix the problem ?

7 replies

Oct 18, 2022 9:29 PM in response to michi240

I woke up this morning, 14 hours ago, to a notification from my phone that there were "Cellular Issues" - After 1.5 hours on the phone with AT&T Tech Support, I did all sorts of on/off things, including a Network Reset. I even went to my carrier's store and got a new SIM Card, that didn't work. The bars are still "loading" looking for service even without the SIM card in. It's keep trying to find service. I restored my phone completely, factory reset it, and it is saying that I need to contact apple support because it is "unable to activate"

I ended up buying a new phone outright because of this. Apple ran a diagnostic test and the trade in value of my phone came up as $0. So that's really cool. Woke up one day with an non-working phone and zero trade in value. Awesome.

If anyone has any experience fixing this, please help!

Sep 17, 2022 1:39 AM in response to michi240

Same exact problem.

So because it's been telling me to update, whenever I try to update 1)through my phone - it won't work even with my wifi - saying that I don't have access to the internet (doesn't make sense) and 2)by connecting it to my MacBook - it still won't work after a certain period of time.

It's clearly a bug that is absolutely detrimental to iPhone users like me.

Even worse is that I just got my new iPhone 14 but I can't transfer the SIM to this new phone due to its NEW 'e-sim' approach.

Thanks. No really, I don't think I deserve to spend any more hours at this point.

Jun 22, 2022 9:42 AM in response to michi240

See this Apple article: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

See also these Apple articles below:

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad

Update your network provider settings manually on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Charge the battery > 70%.

Aug 9, 2022 6:46 AM in response to Giuliana23

Optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

See this Apple article: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

You need to contact your Carrier.

Maybe the SIM card is damaged, go to your Carrier, ask for a new card, normally it is free.

Check if the SIM tray is bent, as even a tiny misalignment can cause the SIM card to not fully connect with the internal contacts in your iPhone. 

Jun 28, 2022 6:15 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you Raicya for your suggestions. I tried all these troubleshooting, and it didn’t work.

I went to my carrier phone company. Though they changed to new Sim card, they detected it was the phone issue since the same Sim card worked on another phone.

As a results, I brought my phone to Apple center, and was advised they won’t longer to repair XR, and suggested that I can buy a replacement with about USD450. i ended up buying a new iphone with a renewal contact :(

Cellular Issue Detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.