Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help to open notes

I forgot my password on the app notes and i reset it but it didn’t help

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 4:36 PM

Resetting it only applies to new notes you make going forward. You cannot reset the password on an already locked note. You must remember it. You can keep trying indefinitely though as there is no limit to the guesses.

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

“To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 4:36 PM in response to malia139

Resetting it only applies to new notes you make going forward. You cannot reset the password on an already locked note. You must remember it. You can keep trying indefinitely though as there is no limit to the guesses.

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

“To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.”

Help to open notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.