Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 charging slow

I’ve been experiencing really slow charging with my fairly new iPhone 13. I plugged it in to charge last night around 10:30pm and I woke up around 9:30am with it only having charged to 72%. I turned off the optimize battery charging yet that hasn’t changed anything. I am using a charger block that came with older iPhone that has worked perfectly fine until yesterday. Is it my phone that’s the problem or my charger?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:11 AM

There may have been an app that was using a lot of energy, more than the 5W “legacy” charger could supply and still charge the phone. Try restarting the phone (which will force all apps to terminate and restart). And you might consider switching to a 12W iPad charger (or higher) or a 7.5 or 15W wireless charger.

You can check for any errant apps by going to Settings/Battery.

And also consider the possibility that the cabe wasn’t inserted all the way, or there is dirt in the lightning connector that was interfering with the connection; use a bright light and a toothpick, if needed.

To restart the phone→Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 7:11 AM in response to Llabaz

There may have been an app that was using a lot of energy, more than the 5W “legacy” charger could supply and still charge the phone. Try restarting the phone (which will force all apps to terminate and restart). And you might consider switching to a 12W iPad charger (or higher) or a 7.5 or 15W wireless charger.

You can check for any errant apps by going to Settings/Battery.

And also consider the possibility that the cabe wasn’t inserted all the way, or there is dirt in the lightning connector that was interfering with the connection; use a bright light and a toothpick, if needed.

To restart the phone→Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

iPhone 13 charging slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.