Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone upgrade program from 12 to 13 with cracked rear glass

Want to upgrade my daughters iPhone 12 which is in the iPhone upgrade program but it has a rear cracked glass. Obviously in the upgrade program it has apple care plus. Trying to handle this in one step not two. Does anyone know if we can do the trade in and just pay the fee for the repair and let Apple handle it on the back end? Visiting our daughter in college so don’t have a lot of time. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 9:09 AM

Yes, you can submit the damage iPhone directly for an upgrade without repairing it first, but you may be charged an incident fee under Apple Care+.

See here: link-> How to Upgrade Your iPhone - Apple

My current iPhone is damaged. Can I still upgrade to a new iPhone?

Yes. If you upgrade online, you may be charged an incident fee after your iPhone is received and assessed for damage. If you upgrade at an Apple Store, you may be charged an incident fee at that time. For more information on fees associated with your AppleCare+ coverage, visit here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 9:09 AM in response to RobNixon

Yes, you can submit the damage iPhone directly for an upgrade without repairing it first, but you may be charged an incident fee under Apple Care+.

See here: link-> How to Upgrade Your iPhone - Apple

My current iPhone is damaged. Can I still upgrade to a new iPhone?

Yes. If you upgrade online, you may be charged an incident fee after your iPhone is received and assessed for damage. If you upgrade at an Apple Store, you may be charged an incident fee at that time. For more information on fees associated with your AppleCare+ coverage, visit here.

iPhone upgrade program from 12 to 13 with cracked rear glass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.