Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch problems

Hello,

My girlfriend gave me her old apple watch. She doesnt use it anymore as she broke her Iphone 2 years ago, and she does not have iphone since. Also, she forgot her icloud password. So I wonder how can I conect her watch to my phone?

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 12:52 AM

It looks like you need to recover the password first. The Watch is linked to your girlfriend's Apple ID.

If she has forgotten the password then you can recover it here: http://iforgot.apple.com/

Here you will be guided step by step to reset your password. 

This article from Apple Support will also help you through the steps and provide additional information in what other ways you can reset your password. If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Also below is a link to an article what steps you need to do to give away the Watch:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

I hope this got you started and you can make use of the Watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 12:52 AM in response to RenatoSkoko

It looks like you need to recover the password first. The Watch is linked to your girlfriend's Apple ID.

If she has forgotten the password then you can recover it here: http://iforgot.apple.com/

Here you will be guided step by step to reset your password. 

This article from Apple Support will also help you through the steps and provide additional information in what other ways you can reset your password. If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Also below is a link to an article what steps you need to do to give away the Watch:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

I hope this got you started and you can make use of the Watch.

Jun 24, 2022 12:56 AM in response to RenatoSkoko

Your girlfriend can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If she can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Apple watch problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.