Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac recovery issue

I use MacBook 2017 Pro.

I erase my mac and when I on it with command r. It start internet recovery which is fine, and then it later boot into recovery mode.

So when I try to install it tells me "installer information on the recovery server is damaged" .

I make research which I realize I have to change the date so I change the year back to 2019,18,17 and the new error is "untrustedcert ".

Which I make research and it says my time is not correct I tried all possible means and still unable to solve this.

Note: my mac use Monterey but when I want to reinstall os it tells me to install macos sierra.

Please anybody can help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 2:50 AM

This is the correct procedure to erase your drive and install your OS of choice: How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Do the applicable steps in order and do not skip any applicable steps.

2 replies

Mac recovery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.