Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With iOS 15, Music app always starts when using CarPlay

I am a Deezer and Apple Music user, but my default music app is Deezer. Every time I connect my iPhone with iOS 15 to Mercedes Benz multimedia with CarPlay, it starts playing Apple Music even if it is not open or in use.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 10:37 AM

Hello Kleytonns

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities. We understand that Apple Music automatically plays when your phone is connected to CarPlay.

By chance, do you have AutoPlay enabled in the Music app? Here's how to check:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.

2. In the lower-right corner of your screen, tap Playing Next the Playing Next icon.

3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 
To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button the Autoplay button icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. If you turn
off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with
your Apple ID.
iPhone showing the Autoplay button on the Playing Next screen

Click here for more details: Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Let us know if this helps.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 10:37 AM in response to kleytonns

Hello Kleytonns

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities. We understand that Apple Music automatically plays when your phone is connected to CarPlay.

By chance, do you have AutoPlay enabled in the Music app? Here's how to check:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.

2. In the lower-right corner of your screen, tap Playing Next the Playing Next icon.

3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 
To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button the Autoplay button icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. If you turn
off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with
your Apple ID.
iPhone showing the Autoplay button on the Playing Next screen

Click here for more details: Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Let us know if this helps.

Take care!

With iOS 15, Music app always starts when using CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.