Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought more iCloud storage and still have no storage why?

I bought more storage for my iPhone on iCloud but I can’t get it to work. I still have no storage left on my iPhone why?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 8:59 PM

liah13 Said:

"I bought more iCloud storage and still have no storage why?: I bought more storage for my iPhone on iCloud but I can’t get it to work. I still have no storage left on my iPhone why?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

System Data (formerly called "Other"), basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.  Use my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 8:59 PM in response to liah13

liah13 Said:

"I bought more iCloud storage and still have no storage why?: I bought more storage for my iPhone on iCloud but I can’t get it to work. I still have no storage left on my iPhone why?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

System Data (formerly called "Other"), basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.  Use my User Tip: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

I bought more iCloud storage and still have no storage why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.