Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Imac

My Mac is incredibly slow, I am not sure how to address it and would appreciate some advice based on EtreCheck report as to how to address the slow hard drive, and what action I can take myself. Many thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 3:40 AM

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I can confirm its hideously slow and I can't stand it, but can you tell me why? Is it the age of the machine, or have I put to much on it, or is there a physical fault likely to have caused this? It just seems to not have handled like my previous Imac's in terms of lifespan and ability.

I will look into installing onto an external - thanks very much for that suggestion.

Kind regards, MS

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 3:40 AM in response to ku4hx

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I can confirm its hideously slow and I can't stand it, but can you tell me why? Is it the age of the machine, or have I put to much on it, or is there a physical fault likely to have caused this? It just seems to not have handled like my previous Imac's in terms of lifespan and ability.

I will look into installing onto an external - thanks very much for that suggestion.

Kind regards, MS

Slow Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.