Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limitation of Macbook Pro storage for icloud 2TB files

hi, i have macbook pro 256 GB drive and just subscribed to icloud 2TB, i want to moves all my folders and files which are around 1.4TB. The easiest way for me to copy my 1.4TB size on external hard drives folder by folder to icloud drive through macbook, but run out of spaces fast. Is there any easy and fastest way to upload that 1.4TB? (yes i can upload through icloud on browser, but the limitation u cant upload folder just killing me)

thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 7:14 AM

iCloud will sync files from your iCloud Drive folder or desktop and documents if enabled. All files remain in the cloud and on your Mac. If you elect to optimize your Mac, your largest/oldest files will be offloaded to the cloud automatically.

iCloud is not offline storage so what you're attempting to do may not be practical as your Mac's hard drive will fill quickly.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 7:14 AM in response to Delon666

iCloud will sync files from your iCloud Drive folder or desktop and documents if enabled. All files remain in the cloud and on your Mac. If you elect to optimize your Mac, your largest/oldest files will be offloaded to the cloud automatically.

iCloud is not offline storage so what you're attempting to do may not be practical as your Mac's hard drive will fill quickly.

Limitation of Macbook Pro storage for icloud 2TB files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.