Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M2 chip ♥️

The MacBook pro with M1 chip in which we can run python, visual studio ,eclipse and some other softwares... So, my question is - does these softwares run in the new Mac Book air with m2 chip ?.

Please anybody ans my question if you know the answer.

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 9:02 AM

Apple-Silicon M1, M1 Pro, and M1 Max, M1 Ultra and now M2:

Apple says every well-behaved ordinary Application (that does not use Virtualization) will run on Apple-Silicon. It will use Rosetta emulation to translate the Intel binary to M1-binary.

Your Intel Apps will run and not crash while being executed on a completely different processor than the one the developer used. This is a truly remarkable feature.

It runs, and you can get your work done, which is what Apple promised and delivered.

--------

Python and visual studio, definitely work. I expect Eclipse integrated development environment will work as well.

Certain Integrated Devlopement Environments for other processors, such as Android emulation environments are knew to Not work unless they have been adjusted to run on Apple-Silicon M-series processors.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 9:02 AM in response to JayaRanganath

Apple-Silicon M1, M1 Pro, and M1 Max, M1 Ultra and now M2:

Apple says every well-behaved ordinary Application (that does not use Virtualization) will run on Apple-Silicon. It will use Rosetta emulation to translate the Intel binary to M1-binary.

Your Intel Apps will run and not crash while being executed on a completely different processor than the one the developer used. This is a truly remarkable feature.

It runs, and you can get your work done, which is what Apple promised and delivered.

--------

Python and visual studio, definitely work. I expect Eclipse integrated development environment will work as well.

Certain Integrated Devlopement Environments for other processors, such as Android emulation environments are knew to Not work unless they have been adjusted to run on Apple-Silicon M-series processors.

M2 chip ♥️

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.