Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't move whatsapp from android to ios

My sister just got her first iphone 13 and tried to transfer her Whatsapp chat data using the Move to iOS app as described here: https://faq.whatsapp.com/general/chats/how-to-migrate-your-whatsapp-data-from-android-to-iphone/?lang=en

We meet all the requirements stated there (iOS v15.15 etc') and when we factory reset the iphone and begin the transfer process through the App, the "Whatsapp" option does not appear.

How can we solve this? Her brand new iphone is as good as a brick right now as long as she can't fully migrate her Whatsapp 😢

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:35 PM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ

WhatsApp Chat history from Google Drive to iCloud. (Android to iPhone)

Have you tried --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ... and selected WhatsApp and its history? I don't think the Move process extracts data from Google Drive or any drive for that matter including iCloud Drive.

My experience says you can't transfer because on Android, WhatsApp, chat history is not stored on iCloud, on iOS it is.

That may be possible with third-party software. Warning!; WhatsApp data through third-party software has the risk of data being compromised. Because the data will be churned through third-party servers, which may or may not be encrypted. Be judicious while selecting the software and taking this call.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 8:35 PM in response to MichelOSv1337

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ

WhatsApp Chat history from Google Drive to iCloud. (Android to iPhone)

Have you tried --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ... and selected WhatsApp and its history? I don't think the Move process extracts data from Google Drive or any drive for that matter including iCloud Drive.

My experience says you can't transfer because on Android, WhatsApp, chat history is not stored on iCloud, on iOS it is.

That may be possible with third-party software. Warning!; WhatsApp data through third-party software has the risk of data being compromised. Because the data will be churned through third-party servers, which may or may not be encrypted. Be judicious while selecting the software and taking this call.

Can't move whatsapp from android to ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.